Happy 2nd Birthday, Blog! Let's Change It Up!

The blog is two years old, now! I know I've taken a pretty long break, but now I'm back, and doing things a bit differently.

First things first - how'd I do with my 2015 resolutions?

  • Read books. Yep! I met my goal of 100 books (and a couple more, just for fun). I also read quite a few mysteries, but I didn't quite finish all of P.D. James's Adam Dalgliesh series. 
  • Spend time with my family. Yep! Totally did that. I even got to spend time with my parents and my in-laws!
  • Play some D&D. Yeah, some - and then our group broke up a bit. Those of us left in the area still get together to play games, talk, watch movies, etc. 
  • Crochet some stuff. Yeah, I got some of that done, too. I did scarves for the kiddos, and a scarf and hat for myself, as well as a stuffed octopus toy for the cat. That sort of ended it for me. 

Once again, I met all my goals! I think I'll continue the tradition of setting easily accomplished goals for myself. Here we go:

  • Read books. Well, of course that's on the list. I think I'll set the number lower, for very specific purposes I'll get to below. Total books for 2016: at least 42. (Because that's always the answer, right? It'll be way more than that, though.)
  • Finish P.D. James's Adam Dalgliesh series. That's six books. Honestly, I really like the books - it's just not a genre that holds my attention very well, so it takes me a while to get through them.
  • Keep up with the Under the Covers book club reads. That accounts for another twelve books. We read a book a month - and they're all books that are being made into movies this year. So, I read a lot of books that I wouldn't normally read, which is great.
  • Revamp the blog to review books. Yep! This is the big one! I think it'll be fun. I'm going to assign each month to a different genre. I'm also going to assign each genre to a different Funko Pop! character I own. So, you'll be getting one blog post a month wherein a character will be introducing you to a genre and a couple books (one long read and one short read). That accounts for the other 24 books! 
  • Make at least one major change in life. What will it be? I don't know! Something. We'll find out somewhere along the way.

Hurrah! I'll have my first book post up before the end of the month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Shocked, But I Don't Know Why

This Is How You Get Fleeced