Happy King's Day!
Of course we did King's Day presents!
Swicky and Coconut both got books (surprise, surprise), devotionals, magnetic bookmarks, wooden toy sets, Minecraft plushies, lots of candy, and King Cake! Coconut already found the baby.
- Libraries, Books, & Authors
- Survey: Most writers in free countries worried about spying
- 21st-century censorship "Governments around the world are using stealthy strategies to manipulate the media"
- TUSD's culturally relevant classes allegedly violate state law Related: TUSD Responds to Arizona Education Department Saying District's 'Culturally Relevant' Classes Violate State Law
- Cool Maps of Fictional Literary Places
- Not prestige, not trash: The rise of “mid-reputable” TV I'm putting this up here because it reminds me of the "Classics vs. Popular" conversations that seem to hover around groups of readers. And I feel the same way about shows that I do about stories: whatever makes you happy, man. (Now we can get into a philosophical discussion about the meaning of "happiness.")
- All Of These Works Should Be In The Public Domain, But Aren't
- Developers Of Chrome Extension That Finds Cheaper Textbook Prices Receives Legal Threats From Major Textbook Supplier
- Net & Tech
- NSA has VPNs in Vulcan death grip—no, really, that’s what they call it
- Newly published NSA documents show agency could grab all Skype traffic
- Google: The reluctant censor of the Internet
- 3 big questions remain as net neutrality heads to the end game
- Netflix users worry about potential VPN ban
- MPAA Wants Regulators To Force ISPs To Block Sites 'At The Border'
- Our System Is So Broken, Almost No Patented Discoveries Ever Get Used
- Former US cybersecurity official gets 25 years for child porn charges
- Philae comet lander eludes discovery
- Study Confirms Earthquakes In Ohio Were Triggered By Fracking
- California's bullet train project ready to break ground
- Thailand Seeks Clarification From New Zealand on Lese Majeste Exile
- The price of life in Singapore, city of rules: 'It’s a Faustian deal'