Although I had a blast tonight. DH and I took Swicky and Coconut to see the Christmas lights at the park, and roped a couple of our friends into going with us, as well. It was fun!
- Libraries, Books, & Authors
- When the Prison Doors Slam Shut On a Teen: Hope in Literacy
- Prison book ban is unlawful, court rules "In his ruling, the judge said that it was strange to treat books as a privilege when they could be essential to a prisoner’s rehabilitation."
- J.K. Rowling's Crime Novels To Step Onto The Small Screen
- Can You Identify The Plural Of These 14 Tough Words? I got them all correct - no surprise to anyone, I'm sure.
- Zuckerberg's Reading Material Has Some in China Crying Foul
- International Community Rallies to Support Zunar
- Nobel laureate writer Orhan Pamuk slams climate of 'fear' in Turkey
- 'Fault in Our Stars' returned to middle school libraries Hurrah!
- Net & Tech
- Verizon's New, Encrypted Calling App Comes Pre-Hacked for the NSA
- The Pirate Bay Raided By Police, Site Down
- NYC Luxury Building Installs ‘Poor Fences’ To Separate Middle-Income Renters From Wealthier Residents
- What’s in That Huge, Lobbyist-Driven Spending Bill?
- Dave Chappelle says police choked him on his own movie set "One of the women working on the set saw what was happening to the actor and yelled to the police officer that he belonged on the set. After relaxing his hold on Chappelle's neck the police officer said, according to the comedian, 'Well why didn't he say something?'" Well, there is that whole choking thing... "The weirdest thing about being a black man being choked by the police, Chappelle said, is that you don't even wonder why it's happening. You just think, he said, 'OK, here we go.'"
- Ferguson protesters win injunction to stop cops using tear gas