It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Banned Books Week is coming! Of course, the big question of the year is: Which banned book will you be reading? I'll be reading Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere (for the billiondieth time - I adore this book). I'll also be reading some of the Captain Underpants and Super Diaper Baby books, and passing them on to Swicky and Coconut to read.

Since the focus this year is on graphic novels and comic books, I intended to read Persepolis and Watchmen, but I got ahead of myself and read them last week.

Of course, I've put up the Banned Books display, and I'll be filming a segment for JPLNow on banned books (I'll let you know when that's out, and you can all hear how terrible my Southern accent has gotten). I'm also looking forward to my library's banned books read-out on September 24 - I think I'll read from Where the Sidewalk Ends. (I would read The Giving Tree, but that book makes me cry every single time. I don't want to cry in public - I don't cry pretty.)

So, what will you be reading? Do you have any other plans for celebrating banned books? Are you going to talk to your kids about why books are banned, and why that's a bad thing for us all?



Links!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Shocked, But I Don't Know Why

This Is How You Get Fleeced