#TBT and Stuff
|Me and my best friend. Why do I look like a rabbit?|
- Gov. Brown appoints journalist as state librarian: I do not have words to express how crazy this is or how much it upsets me. Would you appoint a veterinarian as Surgeon General? Or a cell phone kiosk salesman as head of the CIA? "Librarian" - and especially "State Librarian" - is in no fashion equivalent to "Bookseller," where no experience is really required, and you can learn as you go.
- I Sold My Undergraduate Thesis to a Print Content Farm: No, I didn't - a journalist did. It's an interesting article.
- Tiny doors mystify Hazard residents. I want tiny doors in NOLA, too! They're so cute.
- Dear parents, you are being lied to. I will say, we paused Coconut's vaccinations for a while because he was reacting badly to them, but he is now up-to-date. In the case of autism, research currently suggests it begins development in the womb - not, most certainly, with vaccinations. Go forth and get your kids' shots!
- Drones To Be Employed in Kenyan Anti-Poaching Effort: That sounds like an awesome use of this technology! I'd actually advocate loading them up with tranquilizer darts to aid in capturing poachers.
- Astronomers discover new world on edge of our Solar System. And...it's pink. Seriously? We traded Pluto for a pink planet? I want Pluto back.