Kids get plenty of candy for Halloween! Why not give them something they'll love, that they can enjoy for a long time, and that won't rot their teeth?
(Okay, okay - give them some candy, too.)
This Halloween, join in the fun with All Hallows' Read!
- Libraries, Books, & Authors
- Library worker dusts off Louisiana folklore in new web series This sounds amazing!
- Happy 160th birthday, Oscar Wilde! Related: How Oscar Wilde Invented Celebrity Culture In America
- The Literary United States: A Map of the Best Book for Every State That's a cool book club idea...
- Highland Park, Texas censoring books based on ALA’s Most Frequently Challenged List That is not the intended use of the list!
- Net & Tech
- Laura Poitras on the Crypto Tools That Made Her Snowden Film Possible
- #GamerGate. The battle on the internet you haven't heard of.
- Obama OKs reservists for Africa Ebola fight
- The Survivors: Liberians who recovered from Ebola
- Condition Called Tetrachromacy Allows This Artist To See 100 Million Colors
- The Chemistry of Pizza
- Saturn's 'Death Star' Moon Mimas Is Weird Inside
- Super-Intelligent Humans Are Coming
- The long and ugly tradition of treating Africa as a dirty, diseased place
- Bárðarbunga: Lava Flow Expanding Near The Vents; Small Quakes Increasing In Abundance
- Two-Thirds Of America's Biggest Retailers Are Worried About Flat Wages
- Conservative group mails voter registration letters to deceased This is the same group that "...made news after mailing North Carolina residents forms with incorrect and conflicting information on registration and the election. In addition, forms went out addressed to deceased residents and, in one case, a cat" - but in Illinois, this time.
- Why Caregiver Discrimination Is Bad for Business
- The Making of Ferguson "Long before the shooting of Michael Brown, official racial-isolation policies primed Ferguson for this summer’s events."