- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- Feb 23, 1868: W.E.B. DuBois is born
- What the Best Schools Don’t Do
- 7 Theories About the Recent Manuscript Discoveries I think it's aliens.
- Maya Angelou stamp to be released by U.S. Postal Service
- 'The Autobiography of Malcolm X' to be released as e-book
- What’s life like for a man who tastes words?
- Science & Health
- Coal Giant Dumped Waste Directly Into Rivers, Now Faces Criminal Charges
- Bad batch of drug "Molly" sends 11 Wesleyan students to the hospital
- Thanks a lot, Obamacare - Off Goes My Arm
- Deeper Ties to Corporate Cash for Doubtful Climate Researcher "...Wei-Hock Soon, known as Willie, a scientist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics...claims that variations in the sun’s energy can largely explain recent global warming. He has often appeared on conservative news programs, testified before Congress and in state capitals, and starred at conferences of people who deny the risks of global warming. But newly released documents show the extent to which Dr. Soon’s work has been tied to funding he received from corporate interests. He has accepted more than $1.2 million in money from the fossil-fuel industry over the last decade while failing to disclose that conflict of interest in most of his scientific papers."
- To fight peanut allergy, it's better to eat peanuts than avoid them