Just a Few Links!
- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83 When I was a kid, I wanted to be like Spock. Now I'm all grown up, and I still want to be like Spock.
- 400 Year Old Stolen Books Found In Bay Area
- Jon Stewart Pulls Out The Big Guns, Unveils '50 Fox News Lies In 6 Seconds' I think it's important to remember that The Daily Show is a news comedy show, unlike Fox News, which bills itself as "real" news. The fact that TDS can be entertaining and more reliable as an actual news source than Fox News is hilarious and very, very shameful for Fox. Related: 50 Fox News 'lies' in 6 seconds, from 'The Daily Show'
- Net & Tech
- Verizon and big cable lash out at net neutrality rules – using morse code How ridiculous. If you need a refresher on why yesterday's net neutrality ruling is good for you: What does Title II actually mean for the future of the internet? "What does this mean for you, the consumer? In a nutshell: (1) ISPs can’t charge, block, or throttle you for accessing content, (2) Comcast can’t charge, block, or throttle content providers for providing content to you, and (3) some ISP lawyers are about to be very, very busy." Also, of course, you can reread what I've written about net neutrality before!
- Science & Health
- Nasty stomach bug becoming far more common
- The Science of Why No One Agrees on the Color of This Dress
- Nearly Frozen Waves Captured On Camera By Nantucket Photographer
- Lab In Berkeley Accidentally Discovers Solution To Fix Color Blindness
- Scott Walker: I Crushed Wisconsin Unions, So I Can Handle ISIS It's disturbing that he equates teachers and unions with ISIS.
- Feb 27, 1827: New Orleanians take to the streets for Mardi Gras