Choose Your Own Graphic Adventure!

That didn't sound right...

Anyway! I grew up on Choose Your Own Adventure books. They were awesome. They probably still are, I don't know. They don't write adult versions. Why don't they write adult versions? Mystery of the ages, probably.

BUT! There is a graphic novel version and it is really cool. Jason Shiga's Meanwhile starts off with a simple decision - what flavor ice cream do you want: chocolate or vanilla? From there, your path branches and branches and branches and most paths lead to death and/or destruction. There are apparently more than 3,000 possible paths (it says so right on the cover), so I don't know that I can honestly say I've finished the book, but I've gone through it several times, and thoroughly enjoyed every step of the way.


It's a great read for anyone who can read - simple enough conceptually for the kiddos, but fun enough for the adults, too. Recommended for, well, everyone. Especially if you get all nostalgic about Choose Your Own Adventure books.

Pretty picture time!

Navigating the Sea of Information or Some Such


Links!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Shocked, But I Don't Know Why

This Is How You Get Fleeced