Hats are Hard, and I Have a Headache
So enjoy some links while I try to figure out how to do this stupid hat...
- Libraries, Books, & Authors
- The Lost Dr. Martin Luther King Speech: How the Pacifica Radio Archives Unearthed a Piece of History Awesome!
- Jan 19, 1809: Edgar Allan Poe is born Related: On Edgar Allan Poe Fascinating!
- Virginian-Pilot journalists: Corporate management pressure is stifling coverage
- A Self-Publishing Platform for Kids
- Net & Tech
- John Oliver’s Net Neutrality Antics Just Inspired A Groundbreaking Bill In Washington State "Habib's bill would allow people from anywhere in Washington state to submit testimony to Olympia over the Internet, YouTube style. Instead of having to take time off work and drive hours to get in legislators' grills, people could just record a video of themselves and hit 'send' to TVW, Washington’s equivalent of C-SPAN. Then, theoretically, legislators would watch the citizen videos connected to the bills they're considering before votes are held." Neat! I hope it goes through.
- Net Neutrality Under Threat In India
- The GOP’s plan to legislate net neutrality is here. And Internet activists already hate it. Yep, it's pretty paper wrapped over a lot of bull...poop. Related: Republican net neutrality bill would gut FCC’s authority over broadband
- Liberia aims to be Ebola-free by end-February as cases fall to 10
- Is the Water Crisis Interesting Enough for the News?
- Nearby Star Has Three Planets Slightly Larger Than Earth, With One In Habitable Zone
- FDA approves a device for weight loss