How Many Times Do We Have to Say This??
Uh-oh...CISPA is back...
We've repeatedly told Congress that we don't want the NSA spying on us, but they apparently aren't listening.
I suppose we just need to tell them again! Protect your privacy!
- Libraries, Books, & Authors
- IFLA releases statement regarding Charlie Hebdo attack
- 'Foreword,’ a fresh new digital series of author interviews "The San Francisco publishing platform Medium has launched its first digital series, 'Foreword,' in which Corrigan interviews authors in front of an audience. Plenty of other programs, from 'The Daily Show' to NPR's 'Fresh Air,' feature writers, but 'Foreword' is different — the writers in the series talk about everything but their craft."
- Net & Tech
- British Prime Minister Suggests Banning Some Online Messaging Apps "That was the message delivered on Monday by Prime Minister David Cameron, who said he would pursue banning encrypted messaging services if Britain’s intelligence services were not given access to the communications."
- Mozambique links contaminated beer deaths to crocodile bile "The victims of the suspected poisoning were attending the funeral of a newborn baby in the Chitima district near the Cahora Bassa lake, Albertini told Radio Mozambique. The child’s mother, who brewed the pombe, was among the dead....Officials believe the beer must have been poisoned while the mourners were at the cemetery."
- 9-year-old boy arrested in Post Falls "...Haug says the warrant was issued because it was the second time the 9 year old missed his day in court. What was the original charge? Stealing a pack of gum." You have got to be kidding me...