Happy (Ultra-Special) Pi Day!
March 14 is always Pi Day, but today we can go several digits further! Today is 3/14/15, and at 9:26:53 AM we got a full ten digits of pi! Tonight, we can hit 3.141592653 again, at which time I plan on serving pie, of course, although I don't yet have a pie, so I'd better get on that.
- Official Pi Day site!
- Pi Day Isn't Just Magical, It's Mathematics. And There's Pie!
- 10 pi facts for the most irrational Pi Day of your life
- Exploratorium's Pi Day site
- A Day In The Life Of Pi
- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- Banned books from Waldo to wild things
- March 14, 1887: Sylvia Beach, bookstore owner and publisher of Ulysses, is born
- Net & Tech
- Secret Treaties: Why I'm Against the TPP
- What Net Neutrality Means for Digital Inequality and Schools
- Public Knowledge Raises Significant Concerns with Data Breach Draft Bill
- Google wants to rank websites based on facts not links
- How the Photocopier Changed the Way We Worked—and Played
- Here’s what Facebook knows about ethnic minorities on social media Interesting!
- A map of all the underwater cables that connect the internet
- Internet providers ordered to stop hiding the true size of monthly bills
- Science & Health
- California only has one year’s worth of its water supply left, NASA scientist warns
- March 14, 1879: Albert Einstein born
- Anthropocene Began With Species Exchange Between Old And New Worlds
- Other (Serious Stuff)
- What 47 Republican senators may not understand about Iran
- Edits to Wikipedia pages on Bell, Garner, Diallo traced to 1 Police Plaza "Computers operating on the New York Police Department’s computer network at its 1 Police Plaza headquarters have been used to alter Wikipedia pages containing details of alleged police brutality, a review by Capital has revealed." Related: NYPD caught red-handed sanitizing police brutality Wikipedia entries