Now I Just Need A TARDIS...

So, I've been collecting bits and pieces for a while to make my ultimate Halloween costume, and it's almost complete! I'll debut this Halloween, but the pièce de résistance is complete and in my greedy little paws!

Cue diabolical laughter...in 3...2...
Is that 13 feet of scarf, or am I just happy to see you? No, it's 13 feet of scarf.

This, my friends, is a replica of the Fourth Doctor's scarf, made to scale and everything! Did I do this? Heck, no! My friend Mary Beth labored over this beauty for three years! And then she gave it to me because she is the most awesome. She officially rocks, and I will love her forever, and I owe her all the cookies! I would give her my first-born child, but that'd be a "Ransom of Red Chief" situation, I know.

Meanwhile, I received a present from my friend Amy, at Mudroot Pottery:

So pretty...
It is awesome to have talented friends!
Aren't those gorgeous? I spent so much time ooohing and aaahing and telling the kids they were nevereverever allowed to touch either of these. I met Amy at Berea College, and if you know anything about that school's pottery program, you'll know Mudroot Pottery is a great place to get wonderful, handmade, one-of-a-kind works! Amy is awesome, and so is her pottery! And I'm not even getting paid to say any of this.

And, as if that wasn't enough, I got my first of two Redditgifts book exchange packages! I won't repost everything here; you can go read my Redditgifts post. If you've never done Redditgifts before, I really recommend it! It's a lot of fun!


_________________________________________________________________________________

Links! (Just a few today.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Point Koomahnah

This Is How You Get Fleeced