- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- Science & Health
- March 23, 2015: Emmy Noether's 133rd Birthday "Emmy Noether was no ordinary person...need proof? How many people do you know can count Albert Einstein as a fan of their work? The legendary physicist once referred to Noether as, 'The most significant creative mathematical genius thus far produced,' a fitting endorsement for a mathematician who made groundbreaking contributions to the fields of abstract algebra and theoretical physics, all the while overcoming deep seated sexism in her line of work."
- Robert Reich Demolishes Myth that College Is Gateway to the Middle Class I would like to see quality vo-tech programs - with additional basic humanities courses added. Especially philosophy - because I can't think of a single field that shouldn't require a hefty ethics education.
- Stop calling student loans “financial aid”
- Other (Serious Stuff)
- California Governor Jerry Brown: Ted Cruz 'Unfit to Be Running' for President
- McConnell Urges States to Help Thwart Obama’s ‘War on Coal’ McConnell is urging states to ignore the federal government. What could possibly go wrong with that? "In addition to stopping state-level enactment of the climate rules, Mr. McConnell's strategy is intended to undercut Mr. Obama's position internationally as he tries to negotiate a global climate change treaty to be signed in Paris in December. The idea is to create uncertainty in the minds of other world leaders as to whether the United States can follow through on its pledges to cut emissions." So...yet another attempt to undermine U.S. relations internationally. And this is a good idea, because...?