The Snarkiest of the Snarky

I admit it - I'm snarky.

I always have been snarky. Even when I was little, I would very clearly state my disagreements with authority figures, letting them know exactly how and why I thought they were wrong. It covered everything from my reading abilities (most people doubted how well I could read, or that I could handle certain subjects or genres - they were wrong) to theological differences (I had no speechless awe for pastors or visiting evangelists). Sometimes - and this might be hard to believe - but, sometimes, I'd get a pinch of sarcasm mixed in with my logic.

In high school, I stayed snarky, but only in close circles. Mostly, I was quiet, and did a lot of reading, although snarky thoughts played through my mind pretty constantly. In college, I let more of it out. Some professors liked me, some didn't, and some warned others that I could be trouble. 

I know - shocking.

I'm afraid I have to admit, too, that I'm only getting snarkier as I get older. I am going to be one of "those" old ladies - the kind who not only aren't afraid to speak their minds but will snicker at you and make snide remarks as they do it. I have the appropriate look-over-the-glasses, and have mastered the one upraised eyebrow. I'll probably lose friends this way quite frequently. That's all right. I have my cat.

My cat knows how to cat. And he doesn't mind snarky comments.
My best friends tend to be snarky, too, actually, so I'll probably be just fine.



Links!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Shocked, But I Don't Know Why

This Is How You Get Fleeced