Easter Photo Montage!
|Coconut and Swicky|
|Even at Easter, I look like a librarian.|
|My first flower this spring - a baby candy corn!|
|Flowering the cross at church|
|Easter egg hunt!|
|Of course I got them bookmarks.|
What kind of mother would I be if I didn't?
I hope your Easter has been as blessed and joyful as ours!
- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- Library funding is restored at last "Nixon released $43 million in state funds, including about $6 million for libraries, that he had withheld because of budget concerns."
- Mayor Rahm's grand experiment: Libraries without librarians
- April 5, 1774: Benjamin Franklin publishes “An Open Letter to Lord North” Proving that one should never speak sarcastically to idiots.
- April 5, 1859: Darwin sends first three chapters of The Origin of Species to his publisher
- T.S. Eliot’s old summer home may become writers’ retreat
- Net & Tech
- Health & Science
- Study: Fast Food Works Just As Well As Supplements
- Caveat to all studies: This is why you shouldn’t believe that exciting new medical study
- Large Hadron Collider restarts after two-year rebuild
- Report: Big education firms spend millions lobbying for pro-testing policies "The four corporations that dominate the U.S. standardized testing market spend millions of dollars lobbying state and federal officials — as well as sometimes hiring them — to persuade them to favor policies that include mandated student assessments, helping to fuel a nearly $2 billion annual testing business, a new analysis shows."
- Other (Serious Stuff)
- A tale of two killings: what happened when Idaho police shot a dog and a pregnant woman in one day
- Texas Bill Would Restrict Filming Of Police, Segregate Independent Journalists Conversely: Colorado Bill Would Impose Penalty On Police Interfering With Citizen Recording Guess which state I'd rather visit/live in?
- When gelato gets racial or a little girl hears the N-word for the first time
- The Pentagon’s $10-billion bet gone bad
- Other (Fun Stuff)
- This Is How A Bunch Of Today’s Teens Reacted To ’90s Music I feel so old. But I do like that one kid says, "I should listen to more '90s music." Yes. Yes, you should.
- Man Retires, Moves, Discovers His Doppelganger Neat!
Did you know they make edible Easter basket grass?