Just a Few Links...
I'm taking it easy this weekend. Going swimming. Doing a lot of reading. Waiting for the landlord to figure out why the dryer keeps blowing fuses, while hoping I have enough clean clothes to get through the next week.
- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- The New York Public Library to Give Away 15,000 Literacy Kits
- June 6, 1949: George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-four is published "Orwell’s last novel, Nineteen Eighty-four, brought him lasting fame with its grim vision of a future where all citizens are watched constantly and language is twisted to aid in oppression." Sounds familiar, hey?
- Net & Tech
- US PayPal users face marketing robot cold calls
- Florida science teacher suspended for signal-jamming students’ cell phones
- Authority Issues
- Other (Serious Stuff)
- Obama signs NSA bill, renewing Patriot Act powers "With Obama’s signature, three parts of the Patriot Act — including the controversial Section 215 — came back into force after expiring Monday morning." Dang it...
- Anti-spying measures slipped into funding bill
- Edward Snowden: The World Says No to Surveillance