Yummm...



Today being National Doughnut Day, I stopped by Dunkin' Donuts and bought a dozen - and left with a baker's dozen, because they're giving out free doughnuts! I love National Doughnut Day. And I love Dunkin' Donuts.


You should really check out the history of National Doughnut Day:
During World War I, women volunteering for the Salvation Army made doughnuts for soldiers serving overseas as a way to boost morale. National Doughnut Day was launched in 1938 by the Chicago branch of the Salvation Army, in part as a way to raise funds for, and awareness of, the organization’s work in the community. But the spirit behind the day was the recognition of these women’s contribution to the war effort.
Lastly, what goes great with doughnuts? Coffee! And a book, or course, so: Pick a Donut, Get a Book Recommendation! Apparently, I should be reading Magonia. Excuse me while I go put that on hold...


Links!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Shocked, But I Don't Know Why

This Is How You Get Fleeced