Sunsets are Beautiful...
|And if you don't like this sunset picture, you can find another: here are 18 more for you. You're welcome.|
That's right - Section 215 has expired!
If the USA Freedom Act passes, we'll still have surveillance issues, so - fingers crossed... And, as EFF points out, the government still has plenty of surveillance power. Constant vigilance is needed to protect our rights to privacy!
Of course, there's more to it. What happens now? Click the link to learn more!
- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- Homo Economicus Slouches Toward Retirement "The narrative proceeds from a feminist analysis of Adam Smith’s famous observation that 'It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from regard to their own interest,' which, as Marçal notes, overlooks something fundamental. In the words of economist Nancy Folbre in her 2001 book The Invisible Heart, 'Just a minute. It is not usually the butcher, the brewer, or the baker who fixes dinner, but his wife or mother. Does she act out of self-interest, too?'"
- Net & Tech
- Open-Source Cyborg Hand is Making Prosthetics More Accessible Than Ever
- Google Teams Up With Levi's To Create Wearable Electronics Look, I'll be honest, I'm still against touchpads on laptops. I don't know if I can handle wearable electronics.
- Scientists Create 3D, High-Capacity Soft Batteries Using Trees
- Bill Nye’s LightSail is back in contact with Earth (so here he is on a surfboard) Yay!
- Health & Science
- Introducing the world's first hoseless, cordless, maskless, battery-powered CPAP device.
- Five Chemistry Inventions That Enabled The Modern World
- The Atlantic is entering a cool phase that will change the world’s weather
- Four earthquakes strike off Oregon coast
- Fossils Inform Marine Conservation
- How to save California’s precious groundwater, the ‘dark matter’ of our water world
- Bee Battles: Why Our Native Pollinators Are Losing The War
- Scientists find two new marsupial species that mate themselves to death "And one of them is already sexing its way to the endangered list."
- Other (Serious Stuff)
- Other (Interesting Stuff)
- Evil Espresso: 13 Amazing Artistic & Unusual Coffee Machines Feel free to give me any (or all!) of these.