Happy Birthday, H.P. Lovecraft!
That's right, it's this Master of Horror's 125th birthday! H.P. Lovecraft not only wrote some of the most terrifying yet eloquent stories ever, he was well aware of the priority books should take in one's life:
"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess."
[Source]And, luckily for everyone, there's an absolutely gorgeous annotated edition of his works available!
Check it out at your local library! If they don't have it, request it for purchase or ask if they can get it through interlibrary loan!
Here are some more links for you:
- Top 5 H. P. Lovecraft Facts You May Not Know
- The H.P. Lovecraft Archive
- 5 Ways to Celebrate H.P. Lovecraft’s 125th Birthday
- Celebrate H.P. Lovecraft’s 125th birthday with this Lovecraftian alphabet
- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- Libraries in Times of Crisis
- Edward Fungo, Street Librarian "Tanzanian librarian spreads information one person at a time"
- Isil murders scholar who hid treasures of Palmyra "Maamoun Abdulkarim, Syria’s antiquities minister, said jihadists had killed Mr Asaad after trying to extract information about where some of the city’s treasures had been hidden for safekeeping. He also claimed the jihadists were looking for 'stores of gold'."
- Expanded Digitization of Islamic Manuscripts
- August 20, 1911: First around-the-world telegram sent, 66 years before Voyager II launch
- Health, Science, Net, & Tech
- July was Earth's hottest month ever recorded
- So Long, Big Mac: Cleveland Clinic Ousts McDonald's From Cafeteria
- Stephen Hawking’s Speech Program Released for Free
- How blazing Internet speeds helped Chattanooga shed its smokestack past
- Little Boy Cries On First Day Of School And It’s 100% This Newscaster’s Fault Because the first day of school isn't hard enough on kids, parents, and teachers...
- Authority Issues
- Police SWAT Raid On Organic Farm After Tomato Plants Mistaken For Marijuana Seems like overkill for a pot farm, but who mistakes tomatoes for marijuana in the first place?
- A factor behind Bernie Sanders' appeal: Changing attitudes toward socialism
- Sorry, Republicans: Ending Birthright Citizenship Would Be Unconstitutional
- Nazi 'treasure train' lost at end of World War II found in Poland, lawyers claim
- A preliminary analysis of the Bangkok bombing
- Slovakia 'will only accept Christian refugees'
- Other (Serious Stuff)
- Love thy neighbour: the Texas town welcoming undocumented migrants
- Mother of boy, 6, shot by half-brother, 9: 'Children and guns don't mix'
- Man arrested after firing shots near Fitchburg State University
- Millionaire property developer who used children's gravestones to build a patio at £2.2million mansion which inspired All Things Bright And Beautiful is ordered to pay £300,000
- Our Perceptions About the “Unworthy Poor” Haven’t Changed
- Other (Randomness)
- It's also Misha Collins' 41st birthday! Best known for playing the angel Castiel on Supernatural, Misha is also the co-founder of The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, heads up the annual GISHWHES (Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen) madness, writes poetry, and is a real-life angel in many other ways. Happy birthday, Misha!