- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- New Privacy Guidelines Encourage Libraries and Vendors to Work Together to Protect Reader Privacy
- Obama Taps Thelma Golden to Join Board of Presidential Library
- Mission impossible: German libraries try to return Nazi-looted books
- August 4, 1792: Percy Bysshe Shelley, poet, is born My favorite? "Ozymandias."
- August 4, 1944: Anne Frank captured
- Net, Tech, Science, & Health
- Authority Issues
- Federal Lawsuit Filed After Video Shows Child Shackled "The lawsuit said the children, an 8-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl, were so small that the School Resource Officer (SRO) handcuffed their biceps, forcing their hands behind their backs. The SRO named in the lawsuit is Kenton County Deputy Kevin Sumner in Covington, Kentucky." It's important to point out that SROs are not private security guards - they are actual professional law enforcement officers from the Sheriff's department.
- Other (Serious Stuff)
- Jimmy Carter Is Correct that the U.S. Is No Longer a Democracy
- Charles Koch compares work of his political network to civil rights movement Um. Kochs Rebrand Themselves As Champions Of Poor, Fight To Slash Wages And Eliminate Their Health Care
- FOX News Hires Ex-Porn Star Jenna Jameson as Pundit "Ailes said he was confident Jameson would make a great political pundit. 'If we can turn an airhead like Stacey Dash into a pundit, anything is possible,' said Ailes in an internal memo. 'It doesn't matter what Jenna says. I'm counting on horny, old men to watch her with a bottle of lube in one hand and a bottle of Viagra in the other.'" Is that the official standard of what makes a great political pundit on FOX News?
- The Long History of Political Idiocy
- Other (Randomness)
- The Killer Mobile Device for Victorian Women I want one.