And More Links...
- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- The Coolest Book-Themed Sculptures Also pretty!
- August 23, 1869: Edgar Lee Masters, author of Spoon River Anthology, is born "The book contained a series of short, unrhymed poems, the meditations of deceased residents of the small town of Spoon River. In just a handful of lines, the speakers outline their lives-mostly unhappy, unfulfilled, and full of bitterness, anger, or love for other speakers. The poems expose the sterility and small-minded element of small-town life, which became a theme of other writers in the 1920s, notably Sinclair Lewis."
- Who Won Science Fiction's Hugo Awards, and Why It Matters Related: I WON 5 HUGO AWARDS. And we all lost.
- Australian academics seek to challenge 'web of avarice' in scientific publishing
- Health, Science, Net, & Tech
- What was fake on the Internet this week: Sam & Nia, Trump’s New Mexico fence and Selena’s killer’s death
- New Orleans Cop Found Guilty Of Raping Child, Faces Life In Prison
- 'Jena Six' Member Heads to Law School
- Corporate, Koch Money Dominates Early 2016 Senate Race Spending
- Donald Trump says he would scare Pope Francis over capitalism views: ‘ISIS wants to get you’
- Authority Issues
- Other (Serious Stuff)