It's Presidents Day!
I don't really care except that, because the library is open today, it's become "Monday on Crack." It does, sadly, mean a lot of people calling to ask if we're open. It's also Random Acts of Kindness Day, and since I haven't been answering that inane question with, "Why, no, we're closed - I like to sit here on my days off and answer phones, just for the hell of it," I think I've met my holiday obligations, yes? If not, then does it count that I didn't snap when someone called to ask why the mail hadn't been delivered, and if I could fix that? It's also, apparently, National Cafe au Lait Day, and, by Jove, I've drunk a ton of that in celebration, or an attempt to wake up and be sociable, whichever. Both? Both.
|All the best holiday information comes from Holiday Doodles, by the way.|
- Apparently, these guys don't want women to write science fiction: Which sucks, because women write great science fiction. I suppose, since I've got this link on my post, I'm in trouble (but not really): Science Fiction Community Generates This Weekend's Bufoonish Defamation Threat
- How Many People Aren’t Vaccinating Their Kids in Your State? Good to know.
- So much for global warming, huh? Well, actually.... Jet stream shift could prompt harsher winters. Oh, dear.
- How the Government Blows Away the "Private Sector" in Delivering Services
- Now, excuse me while I go play McCord Museum's awesome game, The Victorian Period.