Oh, yeah, there's that!

I was all excited, planning to do a blog post on pants! And then I got an email from my in-laws saying, "Happy Anniversary!" Right, that's today...

So, story time: Once upon ten years or so ago, I took an awesome class on Paul's Letters. There was a cute but very annoying guy in the class - he and I argued a lot. We took to arguing outside of class, as well; he'd walk with me all the way to the bead store (I was in a "make all the jewelries" phase) and back, arguing. By mid-December, we found there was actually a lot we agreed on, and I asked him out. We went on our first date on January 10; I left shortly afterwards for Nicaragua. When I got back at the end of January, he asked how long we had to wait before we got married. We got officially engaged February 15 and "eloped" down the street on February 22.

We called our parents, first. Then we walked to the church, wearing jeans and hoodies. We'd forgotten witnesses, so we scrambled to find a couple people. Most of our friends were either in class or at lunch, but we did manage to get hold of Reuben and Levi. They showed up in suits. One of them mentioned it was the first time he'd attended a Christian wedding ceremony; I sincerely hope it wasn't his last, because, um. Yeah. There's usually more to it. (Sorry!) I wish we'd gotten pictures, but we didn't.

On May 23, we had a full-on ceremony for friends and family, so I'll post the obligatory collage of wedding photos:





No, we're not going out tonight. It's not a good night to go out. For one thing, tonight is Ragnarok, and no one wants to get in Skoll's way when he's hungry. For another, there's the Krewe of Caesar parade going on just down the road, so we're sort of stuck to something within walking distance, assuming we want to fight through crowds and, you know, avoid Fenrir.

Enough sappy stuff. Guess what?? I got ***pants!!!*** Most of you are wondering what the big deal is, but that's because you're not 5'0" and 135 lbs. If you were, you'd know that finding pants that fit is like finding dragons wending around a castle you somehow inherited, with Benedict Cumberbatch tied up in the bedroom, along with the funds to keep up said castle and mythical pets. (That's not just me, right? That's what we all want?) Occasionally, I would buy petite pants and hem them. Honestly, I only did that when I was pregnant, so I wouldn't trip and fall. More often, I'd buy petite pants and just walk around in them while the bottoms slowly unraveled and frayed away.

But Macy's has what's called petite short, which sounds redundant, but which means "I'm too short to be petite, help, I need pants, too!" I was incredulous, but it's true. I got them in yesterday, tried them on, and they fit perfectly.

Still waiting on the dragons, Ben, and the castle...




Links!

Comments

  1. That is actually more wedding picture than we have (and we had like, six whole weeks of planning). I love simple weddings, I seriously wish more people realized that you could elope AND have a church wedding. Also, the whole dress is nice . . . but those SLEEVES! Gorgeous. Happy anniversary! And congratulations on finding clothes that fit, I'm quite jealous of that feat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the ceremony was much later, in May - the day after graduation, actually. It was still a very short-and-sweet ceremony, and really inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary. And I haven't read any of Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series yet, but I have read the first two books in her Finishing School series (that's all that's available right now) and loved them, so I'll be moving on to the Parasol Protectorate series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Shocked, But I Don't Know Why

Point Koomahnah