For the Lulz


Excellent article: Texting: Ppl, Srsly, It’s OK 2 Uz TxtSpk Sumtimz Pay special attention to the video - watch it all the way through. Very thought provoking, arguing that texting is not a form of writing but an entirely new language in development (and touches on what language is, really). Here, I'll just post the video here:


The article itself gives excellent guidelines for when and how text-speak can be used appropriately in written communication.

If I was a teacher and a student turned in a formal paper written in text-speak, I suppose I wouldn't tell them they weren't writing the paper correctly, then - just as I wouldn't if a student turned in a paper in Vietnamese. I guess I'd just ask them to rewrite it in English.



Links!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Shocked, But I Don't Know Why

This Is How You Get Fleeced