- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- All Those techies Who Predicted the Demise of the Public Library Were Wrong "Americans still love libraries more than any other public institution."
- Selecting The Next Librarian of Congress: What librarians would like to see in the #nextLoC
- Adults Are More Likely To Believe There Are Books That Should Be Banned Than Movies, Television Shows, or Video Games No, no, just...no, people...
- Students Learn Better When Schools Keep Libraries Related: The calamity of the disappearing school libraries
- Sculptures of Kids Made From Books to Bring Librarians Back Into Libraries "We carry our childhood books with us to adulthood: the morals, the lessons, the values. In fact, 'books shape who we are' has become a commonplace saying. Such so that a new campaign in Japan to bring librarians back in to libraries interprets the saying literally."
- Health & Science
- India's Ingenious Solar Canals "Saving water while producing electricity." Why exactly aren't we doing this?
- Authority Issues
- Boise police break into wrong North End apartment to serve search warrant They broke down the door and threw in a flash-bang, before realizing they had the wrong address; maybe they should have just knocked first? At least this time, no toddlers ended up needing a million dollars worth of medical care.
- Other (Serious Stuff)
- President Obama just gave Malaysia a thumbs up on human rights so that he can pass the TPP — despite finding mass graves of sex trafficking victims.
- The Great U-Turn "As the economy grew, we prospered together. And that broad-based prosperity enabled us to invest in our future, creating more and better jobs and a higher standard of living. Then came the great U-turn, and for the last thirty years we’ve been heading in the opposite direction."