By Any Other Name...
"This time, CISA is even worse than CISPA. The bill would give the NSA even more authority to access our data and force companies to fork over private data without a search warrant."
Twice, we've made it very clear that we don't want CISPA - we don't want the NSA violating our privacy. They just won't leave it alone. Now they're back with an even broader bill based on the same idea - but they've changed the name slightly, so maybe we won't realize it's CISPA all over again.
Tell Congress we don't want CISA, either!
If you want to read more specifically about CISA: Meet CISA, the Internet's new enemy in Washington.
- Libraries, Books, & Authors
- SF public school libraries don’t go by the book
- World Book Night Suspends Operations
- Cool Bookish Places: Bookworm Gardens
- We know it's important to read from birth...but why?
- At Sea in a Deluge of Data
- Net & Tech
- Sen. Brandon Smith has important things to say about climate change, Mars
- Cesarean Delivery May Cause Epigenetic Changes In Babies DNA
- Researchers Discover Genetic Link To Autism
- Remote-Controlled Contraceptive Implant That Lasts 16 Years
- Previously Uncontacted Amazon Tribe Make Contact With Outside World
- It's been a while since we heard from the Prosthetic Medic. What's he up to? Update on Life...Glad to be back
- Dispatches From Freedom Summer : A variety of voices revisit the events and lessons of Mississippi’s long hot summer of 1964.
- Sugar Plant Removed Safety Device 13 Days before Temp Worker’s Death
- Netanyahu pledges justice for murder of Palestinian teen
- Sorcery! (Not Sorcery): Perspective Changing Painting
- Chocolate: It’s life and journey