It is unbelievably hot today. (96°F is hot, even for me, and especially when it's muggy-hot.) We've got ACs running constantly, and still can't bring the inside temperature down to under 80°F. I've got the day off from work, so I'm going to take my coffee and my book outside and melt, then come inside and take a cold shower, then go back outside.
- Libraries, Books, & Authors:
- Oregon School Board Overrules Pre-emptive Ban on Absolutely True Diary
- Carnegie medal under fire after 'vile and dangerous' Bunker Diary wins
- Preserving 120 years of U.S. cultural history
- 50 Signs You're Addicted to Reading Yes, I'm addicted. No, it's not a problem.
- Cursive Is an Endangered Species And, yes, it's a bad thing.
- Starz Developing 'American Gods' Series
- Patent or No Patent, Silver Oxide Cannot Cure AIDS
- The ocean is swallowing up Virginia so rapidly that its leaders are forgetting to bicker about climate change
- Running Cures Blindness In Mice
- Net & Tech:
- FTC: T-Mobile knowingly added bogus charges to bills
- Facebook’s Unethical Experiment Related: Facebook's massive psychology experiment likely illegal and Facebook Added 'Research' To User Agreement 4 Months After Emotion Manipulation Study Ooops.
- Minecraft is now second best selling video game ever
- Amazon Fire TV bug provides another reason why data caps are anti-consumer
- Stop calling Hobby Lobby a Christian business
- Where Are the Hardest Places to Live in the U.S.?
- Leaning on Thailand’s Junta
- Martin Freeman Says A Sherlock Christmas Special Is In The Works Augh, I'm going to die!
- Anonymous Saudi Man Has A Beautifully Simple Idea To Feed The Poor With 'Charity Fridge'
- Why We Can't Talk About Gun Control
- UPDATE: 2 Shooters in "GunFight" on Bourbon St -9shot 2Critical- Bobby Jindal Approves This Behavior
- Justice Isn’t Blind: It’s Cranky By 5pm
- Congress Quietly Deletes a Key Disclosure of Free Trips Lawmakers Take
- "Majority of female students allegedly raped on campus are actually voicing buyer’s remorse..." Yeah, that's hilarious...