But We Won't All Fit In DC...
Well, it seems obvious to me, anyway - they want to make sure the "right people" are filling the venue: lobbyists, ISP representatives, and others who aren't likely to make a fuss about our rights to information access and intellectual freedom and how killing net neutrality is denying those rights.
The FCC ought to be holding meetings throughout the country, trying to get opinions from every demographic, so that they can really approach the issue fairly. Go tell them that.
- Libraries, Books, & Authors
- Chickens in the Stacks, and Other Strange Tales from Public Librarians
- 50 Novels By Women Writers On Conflict, Displacement And Resilience
- The Best Back to School Books for Your Kids
- Parents in California Reject School District’s Sex Ed Book Choice
- Helping cultural heritage institutions get their content on Wikipedia
- Net & Tech
- Of monkeys and men (and copyrights)
- Turns Out Your Complex Passwords Aren’t That Much Safer
- Judge Gives DOJ Until The End Of The Month To Submit Declassified Opinion Containing FISA Court's Justifications For The Section 215 Program
- Play '80 Days,' a steampunk remix of Jules Verne's classic novel
- Comcast Confessions: growing pains of a Goliath "Comcast has promised the Federal Communications Commission that it will radically improve the service these customers are getting. But given the state of Comcast’s customer service and internal organization, not to mention Time Warner Cable’s equally abominable customer service, customers have reasons to be leery."
- Wiki wars: Do Wikipedia's internal tiffs deter newcomers?
- Recording Industry Exec Says It's Not Censorship To Block Sites He Doesn't Like
- Judge affirms probationer has a right to tape police officer in her home
- Ebola crisis: US sends experimental Ebola treatment to Liberia, after direct plea from Liberian president Related: Miguel Pajares Dies: Spanish Missionary Was Infected With Ebola Virus In Liberia
- Is Your Red The Same As My Red? Philosophy of science, FTW! Related: Mary's Room
- Frozen Steaks Cook Better Than Thawed Steaks Good to know.
- Why Does Chili Burn, And Why Does Milk Help Soothe The Pain? Of course, some of us can't have milk. That's alright because I like the way it hurts.
- Shark Week Lied to Scientists to Get Them to Appear in "Documentaries"
- Boy Gets Ears Made From His Ribs
- Scientists Create Functional 3D Brain Tissue
- Robin Williams and Why Funny People Kill Themselves Related: Robin Williams And The 'O Captain' Scene That Inspired A Generation
- Lauren Bacall, legendary actress, dies at 89
- Ferguson police won’t identify officer who shot and killed Michael Brown
- Sarah Palin's word salad: Liberals ... purgatory ... vegan ... Er...what was her point? Anybody?
- ‘Game of Thrones’ actor dies days into filming new season
- Check out the Google Doodle on the Perseid meteor shower - it's gorgeous!
- Giant Steampunk Turtle Made Of Thousands Of Pieces Of Scrap Metal By Ono Gaf