Unexpected Sweetness

Hey, you guys remember my latest Redditgifts post? Well, my Secret Santa sent me another comic book, Sweet Tooth!



Despite the candy-coated name, this looks like a very dark read:

A decade ago the Affliction raged like a forest fire, killing billions, and the only children born since are a new breed of human/animal hybrid. Gus is one of these endangered children, a boy with a sweet soul, a sweeter tooth - and the features of a deer.
But kids like Gus have a price on their heads. When vicious hunters descend on his isolated forest home, a mysterious and violent man called Jepperd rescues Gus. The hulking drifter promises to lead Gus to "The Preserve," a fabled safe-haven for hybrid children.
As the two cross this dangerous new American frontier, will Jepperd corrupt "Sweet Tooth," as the killer has nicknamed him, or will it be Gus's heart that changes Jepperd?

I think I'm going to like it - but I don't think I'll let the kids read it just yet...
 

Links!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Point Koomahnah

This Is How You Get Fleeced