A Word of Wisdom and Some Links
...the fact that the IMLS seems a bizarre target for those wanting to cut government spending: The Obama administration requested *only* $226.4 million for the IMLS for fiscal year 2015. To put that figure in perspective, it's 0.0017% of the cost a Navy aircraft carrier currently being built and less than a third of what it cost to occupy Iraq for one day...
- The silent dilemma of the digital divide
- Web host gives FCC a 28.8Kbps slow lane in net neutrality protest: Well, that's a novel way to protest! I hope it gets the FCC's attention. You can read more about The Ferengi Plan at NeoCities' blog.
- Why the FCC Is Ditching Net Neutrality But, hey: we're definitely being heard!
- Internet ‘fast lane’ proposal crumbles as 150 tech companies voice net neutrality support
- Public Outcry on Net Neutrality Rules Puts Pressure on FCC
- Happy birthday, J.M. Barrie! Learn more about the author of Peter Pan.
- Pope to UN: Resist the economy of exclusion, serve the poor
- I want a pet octogoat!
- You Really Should Watch This Short About A Lazy Space Delivery Guy