Lots o' Links Day, Apparently
- This is Why the FCC's New Net Neutrality Rules Could Disempower Communities of Color: Really, the same idea applies to any "fringe" group. Is that what we want - the forced silence of millions of people, for no reason but more profit for ISPs?
- Why girls in Nigeria should matter to you. #bringbackourgirls: If you haven't heard this horrible story yet, you need to read the article. What is happening to these children in Nigeria is horrific - the lack of media coverage is infuriating. I have to wonder, too, if anyone has considered that these girls won't be little girls when they are rescued - they'll be deeply emotionally and psychologically scarred young women. I hope someone is planning for their future care.
- “God’s Not Dead” and the Angry Atheist Professor: That Was Not My Experience: I've not seen the movie, and have had zero desire to see it, but I was worried about the premise. This article details exactly why. I loved my philosophy classes and my philosophy professors, and never once did any of them ridicule or attack me or my faith, despite their personal beliefs. I'm not a big fan of perpetuating hurtful stereotypes - and that includes the bitter, militant atheist philosophy professor. There may be some out there - but it's hardly the norm.
- You Had Me At Hello: The Science Behind First Impressions: Great, now I'm going to be listening to myself whenever I say "hello", to see if people like me or not...
- School brings life to empty buildings: Wow! Very interesting model.
- Using Wikipedia in the classroom: a cautionary tale
- Online Gamers Help Scientists Crack Mystery Of How Eyes Detect Motion
- Recently-Discovered Wasp Species Named For Harry Potter Creature: Neat! And gross. And surprisingly pretty, I think, considering... Although I'm more of a bee person, myself.
|If I'm Stung, Can I Say I'm Demented?|