Nothin' but Links
- Libraries & Books:
- TNT Orders The Librarians, Starring Rebecca Romijn and Noah Wyle Well, I know what show I'm looking forward to!
- Yinka Shonibare’s beautiful batik library Pretty...
- Literary Snacks: A Story Vending Machine Hits High School
- Net & Tech:
- “This proposal does not provide or mandate paid prioritization,” Wheeler told reporters after the FCC’s vote. “There is nothing in this proposal that authorizes a fast lane." That's technically true - because it's already legal, since the court overturned the previous FCC order. It doesn't stop them, though - and that's what we're concerned about. Learn more: The FCC doesn’t have to authorize Internet fast lanes—they’re already legal
- I hadn't even thought about what "fast lanes" could mean for voting, if/when we move to online elections. ISPs would have a great way to influence elections: The "fast lane" to internet civil war
- New bee loss data show continued, unsustainable declines Bees are important - at least, if you want to keep eating food and such. Saving the bees: 13 groups buzzing with solutions
- 3D Printed Device Detoxifies Blood Like a Liver Neat!
- Reporting on Science (Part 1) Fascinating interview with science reporter, Miles O'Brien, including a discussion about the "Foxification" of news.
- States Preaching Small Government Most Dependent On Federal Government Awkward...
- A Worldwide Voyage To Prove Stars, Wind And Waves Are Enough
- Kindergarten Teacher Grabs Student's Face; Angry Act Caught on Tape As though the bullying from other kids wasn't enough to worry about! I don't know why the woman wasn't immediately fired - ten days suspension does not seem remotely like an appropriate disciplinary action.
- After Finding $40,000 In Thrift-Store Couch, Roommates Return Money I have new-found faith in humanity.
- Will Soda Lovers Drink To Less Sugar? I'm ready to try! I loved diet soda - until I realized they were giving me migraines. These would be a great alternative.