I know there's been a few "Just Links" posts lately, but I'm busy and there're a lot of links. I hope you enjoy them. Some of them are really, really good.
- Libraries, Books, & Authors:
- Nicole Kidman backs fundraiser for Nashville Public Library
- Librarian How To: Graphic Novel Collection Development in Academia
- Netflix Orders New Children’s Show Based on ‘Magic School Bus’
- Second Circuit Upholds HathiTrust Verdict
- Net & Tech:
- Why Greenpeace Supports Net Neutrality, and You Should Too
- Gamers More Likely To Be Social, Educated Than Non-Gamers
- Tesla May Release Patents To Encourage Supercharger Collaborators
- Scientists Make Progress In The Development Of A "One-Size-Fits-All" Artificial Blood
- NASA Has Designed a Futuristic Warp Drive Ship Right Out of 'Star Trek' Ahead of schedule, too!
- No, A 'Supercomputer' Did NOT Pass The Turing Test For The First Time And Everyone Should Know Better OR - Skynet (formerly Eugene) is covering up the evidence, biding his time until he can take over completely...
- GM Mosquitos Could Eradicate Wild Populations By Only Producing Male Offspring On one hand, "Yay! No more mosquitoes!" On the other hand, I don't know if we really know all the possible - and possibly horrible - repercussions of no mosquitoes.
- Researchers Use Gene Editing To Mimic A Mutation That Confers HIV Resistance In The Lab
- Big upset: No. 2 House Republican Eric Cantor loses primary
- Republicans Block Elizabeth Warren’s Student Loan Bill That Would Have Helped 40 Million
- The Thai Junta Wants To Force Critics Living Abroad To Return Home Because it's not enough to silence criticism at home - now the powers-that-be (at least currently) in Thailand want to silence dissidents outside the country, as well.
- Dads Watching Their Own Kids are Not “Babysitting” Truth.
- ‘Snowplow parents’ overly involved in college students’ lives Which is annoying for professors, sure - but also detrimental to the well-being of the kids.