- Libraries, Books, & Authors:
- June 17, 2014 You can’t buy a Norwegian book with Google Play, even if you’re in Norway Norwegian publishers won't play with Google. But Norway's citizens will still be able to get ebooks - in fact, they'll get them for free: Norway commits to digitizing every single book in their National Library
- Pensioner returns library book 61 YEARS late with a fine due of £4,500
- 30 Incorrectly Used Words That Can Make You Look Horrible
- Net & Tech:
- You should take 15 minutes to listen to Cory Doctorow's speech on How to Break the Internet.
- YouTube to block indie labels as subscription service launches
- New Treatment Effectively Reverses Tooth Decay, Could Make Dentist's Drills Obsolete
- There May Be an Ancient Earth Inside Earth, Say Harvard Scientists
- House Republicans Are So Mad at the EPA that They Might Force Another Shutdown
- Germany broke world solar power generation record in July with 5.1 TWh, leaving U.S. in dust Proving that cloudy countries can still generate an amazing amount of solar energy!
- Go on a Two Minute Tour of Ella's Deli! If I'm ever in Madison, Wisconsin...
- You may have read the recent (and, in my opinion, frankly disgusting) article by George Will: Colleges become the victims of progressivism. Here's An OB/GYN's Open Letter To George Will About His Rape Column. Maybe some of the problems Will notes with the numbers can be traced back to the fact that Prosecutors Rarely Bring Charges In College Rape Cases - so why would women report them? What "priveleges," exactly, does Will think these women are "coveting" from victims who are violated and shamed twice over - by their rapists and then again by those who refuse to believe them?
- 10 Simple Words Every Girl Should Learn
- Jon Stewart Says Obama's Iraq Critics Are 'Dead Wrong About Everything'