My Day is Set
Happy National Doughnut Day! (Seriously - go read that article!) We celebrated in the only way possible - doughnuts. I'd give you a picture, but...well, we ate them all too quickly.
Sorry. They were delicious. No time for pics.
Anyway, by way of apology: Inside The Secret Dunkin’ Donuts Hidden Within The Library Of Congress! Two of my favorite things - combined!
What goes better with doughnuts than books? Er, maybe coffee. So, doughnuts, coffee, books - all set! Just don't get any crumbs in the pages. This combination might go a long ways towards making the world a better place.
- Libraries, Books, & Authors:
- Oregon's 1,250 schools have just 144 librarians, library group says That's really bad news for the students.
- There was a controversial article Against YA. In response, there was a better article: Really? Are We Still Genre Shaming People For The Books They Like? Read what you want to read - just read!
- The Muscle-Flexing, Mind-Blowing Book Girls Will Inherit The Earth I'm not quite a Book Girl - but they are girls after my own heart. In fact, I sincerely hope my daughter grows into one. I hope my son grows into a Book Boy, too, for that matter.
- From Cory Doctorow: Why I'm sending 200 copies of Little Brother to a high-school in Pensacola, FL It could also be titled "One Reason Why Cory Doctorow is Awesome."
- An open letter from George R.R. Martin addressing 'Game of Thrones' fans' deepest fear. I feel much better, now.
- George RR Martin Wants To Write You Into Game Of Thrones, Kill You Off Someone loan me $15k? Because I would love to have breakfast with Martin!
- June 6, 1949: George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-four is published
- Net & Tech:
- John Oliver breaks FCC.gov So very awesome! Good job, guys!
- A Year After the Snowden Leaks, the Online Community Is Still Fuming
- 13 Google Search Tricks That Make Life A Whole Lot Easier
- Humans, Not Climate Change, To Blame For Ice Age Animal Extinction This is why we can't have nice things! I could have had a pet saber-tooth!
- Medical Marijuana Shows Promise Against Autoimmune Diseases
- LEGO to Produce Female Scientist Minifigure Set Nice!
- We're Learning More From Stephen Colbert Than The Actual News, Study Says Edutainment!
- McCain, other Republicans called for Obama to get Bergdahl's release, then condemned it Politics as usual, sadly...
- Jeez, I hope those 10 guys with AR-15s in this restaurant don't have keychains! GunFAIL LXXI
- Someone Left A Loaded Gun In The Toy Aisle Of Target Can we just go with Wild, Wild West gun laws? Seems good to me!