Your Privacy - Your Call
- Libraries, Books, & Authors:
- The Presumptions Policies and Practices that Prevent Digital and Information Literacy Learning in the Classroom
- Daniel Keyes, author of Flowers for Algernon - one of the hardest books I've ever read, emotionally, and also one of the best - has died.
- From 'The Magic Tree House,' Kids Branch Out To Chapter Books Coconut is going through this series now, and loves it! He's also reading each nonfiction "fact tracker" book along with the novels! I adore The Magic Tree House series.
- Net & Tech:
- Former FCC chair: This net neutrality debate is only about Netflix's profits I swear I am not a Netflix stooge, guys. Really. I don't even use Netflix. Related: Verizon says it needs to kill net neutrality to help the disabled Which really doesn't make any sense whatsoever. How is slowing down my Internet connection helping to speed up anyone else's connection? It really, really doesn't work that way.
- Comcast Is Testing A Program That Will Charge You Extra If You Use Too Much Data
- Why computer literacy is key to winning the 21st century The important thing to note here is that it isn't enough to learn how to code; you first have to learn computational thinking.
- Obama Plans Protected Marine Area in Pacific Ocean It will be the world's largest!
- SpaceX Want To Put Humans on Mars Within 12 Years You know, Martian colonies are going to need good librarians...
- Random scribble turns into a creative work of art Wow!
- Meet the 37 Senators Who Voted for Millionaires Over Students
- Fox: Political genius Obama gives Hillary book tour huge boost with obviously staged Benghazi arrest Wait, what?
- Remember those lazy, good-for-nothin unemployed bums?
- A Young Thai Activist Has Vanished, and the Junta Isn’t Saying Anything Also in Thailand: Police say Facebook posting to mobilise protests may lead to 7 years imprisonment This is especially important to note because social media has played an increasingly vital role in democratic action, like the Arab Spring movement and Occupy Wall Street.