Happy Mother's Day!!
I love today's Google Doodle, too:
- Libraries, Books, Writers, & Suchlike
- Impact of the Library
- Denying New York Libraries the Fuel They Need
- No, there’s no “hate speech” exception to the First Amendment
- Net & Tech
- FCC denies requests to delay net neutrality rules
- Did judge who ruled NSA phone dragnet illegal call Snowden a whistleblower?
- Attorney: Spy chief had 'forgotten' about NSA program when he misled Congress Riiiiight...
- Why the ruling against the NSA’s phone records program could have huge implications
- The Open Source Maps That Make Rescues in Nepal Possible
- The Revolution Will Be Digitized
- Health & Science
- Authority Issues
- New documentary explores why police in the U.S. kill so many dogs "As many as half of intentional police shootings involve dogs....Yet, there's never been a documented case of a dog killing an officer."
- Hanover delegate's Facebook post amid Baltimore unrest draws rebukes
- Other (Serious Stuff)
- One of Jeb Bush’s top advisers on Israel: George W. Bush Seriously? Because I really don't remember foreign policy being his strong suit...
- Four decades later, Bernie Sanders ready to deliver his stump speech "Some see him as a broken record, others as a person who has been telling the truth all along and just waiting for enough people to listen....Early in her primary campaign, Clinton has spoken about the gap between the rich and the middle class, in an appeal to the party’s liberal wing. The Republican contenders, too, are taking up the problem of income inequality, although with much different solutions in mind than the Democrats. Steady-as-he-goes Sanders has been at it for decades." Related: What is Democratic Socialism? Q & A
- Sorry, Chuck Norris, Obama isn't planning to invade Texas
- Other (Awesome Stuff)